I had been here 6 times before it finally happened. I mean, after the first several visits, I guess I let my guard down, but I got severely glutened here. I had good experiences with their waffles and their omelets. I never got to try their pancakes, because they make the gluten free pancakes on a shared griddle. It was when I ordered a side of gluten free toast that I got sick. They simply get too busy here to take proper precautions for people with any dietary restrictions and/or allergies. While I did have a few good meals here before getting sick, I won't be going back.
If I could give no stars I would. I ordered a gluten free waffle. They clearly gave me a regular one because when I got home I couldn’t stop vomiting for an hour until I tore my esophagus and was vomiting blood. I have celiac disease and this was the worst attack I’ve ever had from gluten. At first they denied it but then agreed to pay my hospital bill. Like I would make this up? Never going back again. They are too busy to take allergies and celiac seriously.
My sister is celiac and introduced me to BeaBea’s ... I love this place! Some of the best GF pancakes and waffles around! They have a very large menu, but I’ve never had anything other than the waffles & pancakes. Usually crowded, expect a wait on the weekends.
I've gone here and love the waffles! They have a great selection and I never tire of them. The ham side is delicious and my fiance often gets the steak and eggs. The gluten-free pancakes ARE done in the community griddle, however, so there is a chance of cross contamination.
Ordered the Huevos Racheros and they told me they were definitely gluten free if the tortilla was not fried. So, I got plain tortillas under the egg. I got super sick. The staff didn't seem to know much about what gluten was in their menu items either.
Be aware their hash browns have flour and the fried potatoes are done in a fryer that also is used for onion rings which have gluten so there is cross contamination. Pancakes are delicious. I did have a slight reaction but it could have been from the bite of potatoes I took before I realized they were fried in a community fryer.
i just waited for a table for over an hour, only to get a waitress who didn't know what dairy was and had no clue about what cross contamination was or why it could make me sick... I'm now starving and headed to Hugo's tacos. thanks for the terrible experience, bea beas!