Ate here twice and got violently sick both times. The first time, I ordered pakoras, which were marked gluten free but definitely came from a shared fryer (I should have guessed or asked more questions). I figured Indian food is basically always safe and it must have been just the pakoras that weren’t, so I returned a while later. I was very clear that I had a serious allergy and asked follow-ups about what I ordered; I was told that the vegetable curries my friend and I ordered (baigan bhartha and saag paneer) were totally gluten free. Still spent several hours later throwing up.
Really good Indian food is hard to find in the city and the food was excellent, so I was foolish enough to try it twice. I don’t know what it was that got me sick since Indian curries so rarely have gluten, but it got me sick enough that I suspect that there was a significant amount of gluten in the food. Although I’m very sensitive, minor cross contamination doesn’t usually get me sick for so long or so intensely.
Do not recommend.
Staff knew what they were doing, things are labeled gluten free. In general Indian food is gluten free but it’s nice to know that a restaurant is careful about contamination.