Bars & Bites Bakery (Closed)
100% of 2 votes say it's celiac friendly
252B Park Ave, East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Food was SO GOOD. As a celiac, I would not go early in the day when the baker is actively baking, but I'm sensitive to airborne flour. I went in the afternoon and picked up some of the gluten free smores bars and brownies. Individually wrapped and kept in a diff spot than the gluteny stuff. Everything was awesome.
How confident are you that this establishment takes safety precautions against cross-contamination?
Safety Feature Ratings
- Other dedicated kitchen equipment (oven, toaster, pots, pans, utensils, etc.)
- Staff is knowledgeable and can answer questions
- Staff will clean kitchen space or change gloves if asked
- Food comes out flagged or marked gluten-free
Quality & Quantity
Is there a gluten-free menu?
— Gluten-free items are marked on the main menu
How much of the menu is available gluten-free?
How would you rate the taste and quality of the gluten-free food you tried?
- Good for breakfast/brunch
- Good for takeout
- Good selection of healthy options
- Good vegan options
- Good with other allergies
The baker is super knowledgeable about celiac disease. While this is not a dedicated GF space, he takes every precaution to ensure there is no cross contamination.
From the owner: We have a rotating menu of made from scratch gluten-free baked goods including pecan pie bars, smores bars, parfaits, cookies, brownies, and more.