its a Moe's, you know what it's going to be, yummy
They have a lot of gluten free options but they did not even seem to know what they were. I had done my research on their menu prior to going, however they did not seem to be fully educated on their gluten free menu or their allergy protocol. It was more frustrating than anything. If you eat here I advise you to do your research on their menu prior to going, especially if you are severely allergic. Update: I am not feeling to good after eating this.
This place is Not celiac friendly. Staff had no understanding of it or cross contamination. When you ask questions about it they are very confused. Tons of opportunity for cross contamination. I've tried eating there multiple times and every time I have gotten sick. If you have celiac DO NOT EAT THERE.
This team keeps track of their regular customers with food allergies. Whenever I come in, they recognize me and immediately change their gloves. If you are ultra sensitive and need them to pull ingredients from the cooler, they gladly do it with a smile.
When I asked if they served anything gluten free, I was told I could have corn tortillas. Little did I know it was heated with all of the other gluten filled products. Very disappointed.
In a pinch and without other options, this is my safest bet with less exposure. They are great at changing gloves, but there are so many other opportunities for cross contamination. Even the utensils they use for rice and beans usually get swiped across the flour tortillas.
They were very helpful in informing me about what was safe to eat and warning me about what could be cross contaminated. I was able to get a rice bowl, which was really my only option, but the meat and vegetables are basically all safe to add. Unfortunately the queso isn't gluten free and the chips can get cross contaminated in the fryer.
They have an allergy card to help you through the line. Lots of cross-contamination opportunities. I had the bowl with rice, beans, chicken, corn salsa, tomatoes and olives. I asked the server to get a fresh pan of olives and tomatoes because they use a gloved hand and not utensils on these items.
While there were limited options (the only truly coeliac friendly dish being the Bowl) this particular store has absolutely fantastic service staff. I mentioned that I was gluten-free and immediately the employee serving me started removing his gloves and washing his hands. He also retrieved and opened fresh containers of my desired toppings and condiments to minimise cross contamination for my meal. I definitely will return to this store again due to the sheer amount of care that was taken by my server. Note: I was informed that their nacho chips are NOT coeliac safe because they are fried in the same fryer as their non gluten-free items
I had the nachos. I said I had a wheat allergy and asked to change their gloves only one did and they didn't switch out any of the ingredients like most places do. I didn't have a reaction so I got lucky. I was starving and it was too busy to raise a stink so I took the risk everything looked fresh but I won't suggest eating here
it was a little hectic being they just opened, but over all I thought the food was good. my family and I for everything we wanted with no mistakes. the place was clean. add far as the cross contamination with gluten allergy, either go all in our not at all.
Although the staff will change their gloves, I have gotten sick here numerous times over the years due to cross contamination and can no longer risk eating here. If you do, beware of the chips. They're GF when sent to the store but are fried with floured items and become not GF.
Southwest food, almost all ingredients are GF except the tortillas and cookies. Chips share a fryer with the flour salad shell & so cross contamination is a risk.
Yikes. Moe's opened this weekend. The loud and frantic nature of the place surely doesn't help with feeling reassured that your message that you need to eat gluten free is being heard. But even once you're pretty sure that it is heard and decide to go ahead with ordering...there are problems. Basically anyone with Celiac's definitely shouldn't eat here. The shredded cheese is all in one container that hands that have touched many burrittos and flour shell things have also touched... While they say that there are no concerns about cross-contamination "because they use a spoon for everything".....we watched the spoon touch down onto the surface of the bed of food that was being laid down many times, so clearly it was quite certain it had also touched surfaces of burritos / flour shells before... As I say in every review that says basically "don't lie to me about being able to serve people with Celiacs.... they don't HAVE to offer gluten free food.... but if you say that you can indeed serve food gluten free and without cross contamination.............please deliver. Instead, in the future, if you can't deliver...just don't say it. We bought food and paid for it anyway, and then went somewhere else to eat... because it was so embarrassing to have checked to make sure the food was gluten (and cross-contamination) free... had them say yes and make a big show of changing gloves and separating the container they put the food in...and then proceed to watch them engage in many cross-contamination landmines in a row, completely shattering any confidence we had.
I asked the guy at the counter what I could have that was gluten free. After staring at me for a few seconds he said he didn't know. Then said nothing on their menu was gluten free. No one else working there offered any more help than that. We turned around and walked out. It's not worth risking my health for a worker that just wasn't trained well.
I went to Moe's with my family and it turned out they were extremely busy due to a fundraising event. The employees were still wonderful about changing gloves and even offered to switch out the ingredients for me. One staff member grabbed my bowl before I could ask for gloves to be changed so they were willing to switch the food to another bowl being careful not to have food touch where the contaminated glove had touched the bowl.